Thursday 16 April 2020

Term 2 week 1 - Covid19 Lockdown

What a fantastic week it's been, this online teaching really suits me and judging by the feedback from the teachers I'm working with it's suiting a lot of them as well.   The teachers at a high school I'm working at are so encouraged by the high number of students who have been turning up to their online classes during this first week of term two.    I do wonder though how it's working for students, their experience could be very different and we need to take that into account in the coming weeks.

To support our teachers with some of the new skills they'll need for online teaching my colleagues and I from the Te Hiku and Kaikohekohe Clusters have been running some short online toolkits.  Today I ran one on Hapara Teacher Dashboard.  Hapara was originally developed by the Manaiakalani hackers' group to give teachers visibility to students' learning and forms an essential tool for teachers delivering Manaiakalani's Learn, Create, Share pedagogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment