Saturday 24 August 2019

Unpacking the key principles of Hei Raukura Mō Te Iwi

For the past 6 months or so I've been working on my applying for accreditation with the Ministry of Education.  It's been quite a process and there have been a number of rewrites.  Firstly understanding what was required has taken some time especially as the requirements have changed within the last 8 months.   To help me understand the three strands within the I unpacked the specifications, rearranging the criteria visually.  I felt it gave me time to mull things over and see what I could share from my own practice that aligned with each objective.

Dimension 1 - Te reo me ngā tikanga mātauranga 

Demonstrates commitment to tangata whenuatanga and bicultural partnerships and practice in Aotearoa New Zealand. 


Dimension 2 - Te Mana o te kura me te whanaungatanga

Builds leadership and quality teaching that is responsive to context and culture to achieve greater equity and improved achievement and well being for all students

Dimension 3 - Kia matatau ki āna kaupapa

Exemplifies inquiry in action, using data, information and evidence to inform practice decisions- facilitator practice, knowledge and skills. 



No comments:

Post a Comment